Brooklyn’s Gowanus Canal, labeled “one of the most contaminated bodies of water in the nation,” isn’t just a filthy Superfund site. To urbanites, it’s a little piece of the outdoors.
Photo: Summer camp students from Battery Park City in Manhattan. The Gowanus Canal was designated a Superfund site in March 2010 and will take years to clean. View more photos on Framework. Credit: Carolyn Cole / Los Angeles Times
- liarworthloving likes this
- awesomeocelot reblogged this from latimes
- kamikazisc reblogged this from latimes
- mothpot reblogged this from latimes and added:
- earlyeyeandear reblogged this from latimes and added:
- climateadaptation said: i love the latimes covering bklyn. more please!
- climateadaptation likes this
- epicassartshit likes this
- seussiangrace likes this
- latimes posted this