As the Legislature and Gov. Jerry Brown slash roughly $8 billion from the state budget, few places will feel the impact as deeply as Tulare County, the welfare capital of the Golden State. For the Dickersons, a formerly middle-class family now struggling to find employment, the coming $60 reduction in monthly welfare payments forces a choice between food, rent or electricity.
Photo: Keera Dickerson, 10, paints the trim outside of the family home while Terry, 4, plays inside. More photos of the Dickerson family on Framework. Credit: Genaro Molina / Los Angeles Times
- jimnasium likes this
- jessiecaballero reblogged this from latimes
- danmacleod reblogged this from latimes and added:
- jasminemcatee said:As a former resident of Visalia and Tulare County, and a former student of College of the Sequoias, this article really bums me out.
- unfzncvmnlwyr likes this
- mmm-maia likes this
- andreadomanick reblogged this from latimes and added:
- shaneguiter likes this
- tonylucero likes this
- blondinavian likes this
- boliderosso reblogged this from latimes
- ienjoyedthat reblogged this from latimes
- latimes posted this