Tributes funneling Sandy Hook conspiracies
The number of tribune pages dedicated to those killed or affected by the tragedy in Newtown, Conn. that have turned into stomping grounds for those indulging in conspiracy theories about the shootings has now attracted the attention of lawmakers.
Connecticut Sens. Richard Blumenthal and Chris Murphy, along with Rep. Elizabeth Esty, all Democrats, have gone so far as to formally request that Facebook remove the pages.
Said the representatives:
“Many [pages] give the appearance they were created by loved ones in the names of the victims. Unfortunately, many of these pages have become vehicles for harassment, intimidation and possibly financial fraud.”
Facebook responded by promising to “be vigilant” in flagging inappropriate materials.
- crazysexycool13 likes this
- butchrosser likes this
- southern-democrat likes this
- stohru reblogged this from crazygirlchic
- crazygirlchic reblogged this from truth-has-a-liberal-bias
- alliance-to-restore-the-republic reblogged this from truth-has-a-liberal-bias
- littleblackkittycat likes this
- timekiller-s likes this
- voicesoftheunsung likes this
- truth-has-a-liberal-bias reblogged this from latimes
- whoisjanedoe09 likes this
- kennedyelaine reblogged this from latimes
- serendipityandsuch likes this
- catty1 likes this
- david likes this
- liberal-focus reblogged this from latimes and added:
- kimmykim1221 reblogged this from latimes
- rubio28 likes this
- dukedesilver said: Conspiracy Theory on Hook. WTF gas the world come to. I can’t think of anything more disgusting or disrespectful to those family’s. Please CT’s crawl back under the stone you were born under.
- theswelldame reblogged this from latimes and added:
- truth-has-a-liberal-bias likes this
- rhapsody-in-you said: Only in America. SMH.
- latimes posted this