Update on the manhunt for Christopher Dorner: Questions remain after the standoff that left a cabin, with Dorner believed to be inside, in flames earlier today.
Several sources told The Times and many other news organizations that a body was located in the rubble. But LAPD officials said that the cabin was still too hot to search and no body has been found.
As authorities moved into the cabin earlier Tuesday, they heard a single gunshot.
San Bernardino County Sheriff’s spokeswoman Cindy Bachman also said that officials have not confirmed what is inside the cabin, though they believe a suspect was inside at the time of the fire.
Two San Bernardino County sheriff’s deputies were shot in an exchange of gunfire with a suspect believed to be Dorner this afternoon. One has died as a result of his injuries; the second is expected to survive but will reportedly require several surgeries.
Photo: A highway patrol officer guards a roadblock on Highway 38 near Angeles Oaks following the standoff with the suspect believed to be Dorner on Feb. 12. Credit: Joe Klamar / AFP/Getty Images
- ssilviasilvia likes this
- tombardacky likes this
- ugoswervin likes this
- oprahchopra reblogged this from latimes
- soulrebell likes this
- worldobservations likes this
- krimemasters reblogged this from latimes
- anignoranturl likes this
- oowannaoj likes this
- den1990 reblogged this from latimes
- frangis45 likes this
- noellewilkinson reblogged this from latimes
- noellewilkinson likes this
- tothepointnews reblogged this from latimes
- jamierobertthorpe likes this
- cynthiahasatumblr reblogged this from latimes
- vacantstashspot likes this
- stuffaboutminneapolis likes this
- unfzncvmnlwyr likes this
- your-manager reblogged this from marelunae and added:
- mmm-maia likes this
- marelunae reblogged this from scott-peterson and added:
- shibatakedown reblogged this from latimes and added:
- scott-peterson reblogged this from latimes
- influentza likes this
- dendroica likes this
- cogito-ergo-doleo likes this
- blissful-dreaming reblogged this from latimes and added:
- mystanceisbearded reblogged this from latimes
- swordofdoom said: Didn’t this same exact thing happen in Death Hunt with Charles Bronson? It’s not a funny situation but seriously…Cabin showdown, law enforcement downed in exchange, cabin blown up, etc…Except this time it was a villain and he didn’t survive.
- fknitup likes this
- owlsinparis likes this
- cocotech likes this
- jgrassound reblogged this from latimes
- liquidfunk likes this
- swordofdoom likes this
- onehundreddollars likes this
- photomic likes this
- fatwasandfanboys likes this
- latimes posted this