State of the Union 2013 preview: President Obama is expected to deliver a sweeping set of ambitious proposals tonight, laying out his agenda for his second term.
Administration officials already leaked that U.S. troop numbers in Afghanistan will be halved over the next year, but the majority of Obama’s speech is expected to center around domestic policy and the economy.
And here’s something to keep in mind while you’re watching tonight, courtesy of an intriguing Guardian infographic: The reading level of the State of the Union addresses over time.
(Photo via Jim Lo Scalzo / EPA, graphic via the Guardian)
- frangis45 likes this
- starlitflight reblogged this from enigmatictelemarketer and added:
- krissyciara likes this
- dailypoliticaljournal reblogged this from latimes
- enigmatictelemarketer reblogged this from littlepaperfrogs
- 2minichinz likes this
- thetruthpursuit reblogged this from latimes
- kenhatter likes this
- littlepaperfrogs reblogged this from littlepaperfrogs
- worldobservations likes this
- barrycats reblogged this from latimes
- andross likes this
- dearspacee reblogged this from latimes
- whitneyworldwide likes this
- catty1 likes this
- lovecarra reblogged this from latimes and added:
- fuckyeahliberalism reblogged this from latimes
- inflightdata likes this
- libatywonder reblogged this from latimes
- latimes posted this