The 141-mile section from Bakersfield to L.A. will travel over two mountain ranges and more than half a dozen earthquake faults. Experts see it as the project of the century.
Noguez’s council account offers leads in corruption probe
L.A. business owners — who later received tax cuts — were the main donors to an account Noguez held as Huntington Park councilman, records show.
Anti-terrorism expert advises against BioWatch upgrade
A Homeland Security Department undersecretary has told Janet Napolitano she has doubts about a new version of the nation’s troubled system for detecting a biological attack.
Phil Jackson gets call from Lakers and it’s not what he expected
Jackson was physically ready to coach the Lakers again, but before he could give them an answer, he received a late night call saying the team had hired Mike D’Antoni. ‘It seemed slimy to be awoken with this kind of news,’ he said.
Column One: Bleakness only a child’s smile can lift
Raza Gul works backbreaking hours in a tiny Afghan bakery to provide for her children, her one source of joy. Without them, there’s only her husband’s opium addiction and worries about the Taliban.
- yaworldnews reblogged this from latimes
- zbhoy reblogged this from latimes
- pthomasgarcia reblogged this from latimes
- jkreg reblogged this from latimes
- jkreg likes this
- pthomasgarcia likes this
- andrelfsouza likes this
- edd-1xd likes this
- too-awe-sam likes this
- xanderrrreyes reblogged this from latimes
- discontentedsheep likes this
- elizakendall likes this
- themelancholymaze reblogged this from latimes
- existential-singularity likes this
- existential-singularity reblogged this from latimes
- mordocry likes this
- randallphenning likes this
- ratsoff said: Is this front page post going to be an every day thing? :(((
- itsjonvu likes this
- randallphenning said: Anything involving that high speed rail line instantly gets my fires raging. Epitome of california politics: not what we need and at the wrong time. It doesn’t even come close to ANY port, what a waste.
- girovago likes this
- latimes posted this