If the Supreme Court strikes down Obama’s health insurance mandate, emergency room bills will be passed on to taxpayers, as they have been for the last quarter century.
That unresolved question — who pays? — helped shape President Obama’s 2010 healthcare law and its requirement that Americans get health insurance. For years, it even convinced many Republicans, including former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney, to champion an insurance mandate. But today, the insurance mandate is the central target of GOP opposition to the law.
Another excellent healthcare piece by Noam N. Levey.
- lukepygman likes this
- harlemblipster reblogged this from latimes
- harlemblipster likes this
- organization likes this
- thepeterpancomplex reblogged this from latimes
- ukridge likes this
- animalinmymind likes this
- yannnnnnnna likes this
- however reblogged this from latimes
- nikolnicole likes this
- lackofcolorr likes this
- breatheusin likes this
- catty1 likes this
- iliketowhispertooo reblogged this from latimes
- boliderosso likes this
- ojlefty reblogged this from latimes
- trixietreats likes this
- krimemasters reblogged this from latimes
- latimes posted this